Sitex Rentals & Sales Pty Ltd ACN 606 266 522 as trustee for Sitex Rentals & Sales Unit Trust ABN 62 118 398 985 (we, us, our and other similar expressions) acknowledges the importance of the Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s) and security of the privacy of all personal information of individuals which it collects, holds and uses in the course of its business as required by the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act).
What is “Personal Information”?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Personal Information Collected.
We only collect personal information necessary for the operation of our business. The personal information we collect includes the following:
In relation to customers:
- Telephone and fax numbers
- Email addresses
- Other contact information
- Credit information and credit eligibility information in connection with the opening and operation of customer accounts
- Payment information (which may include banking or credit card information).
In the normal course of the operation of our business we also collect from service providers such personal information as is necessary for the day to day operations of the business.
Personal Information collected via websites
We do not collect any personal information about visitors to websites except when it is knowingly provided or as otherwise described below. However, to ensure we are meeting the needs and wants of our website users, and to develop our online services, we use a range of tools provided by third parties, including Google Analytics, which collect website traffic and usage information. The providers of these tools have their own privacy policies. Details about how Google uses information about your use of our website can be found here. If you would like to prevent information about your use of our website being used by Google, you can download a browser add-on from Google here.
Cookies are unique identification numbers like tags that are placed on the browser of our website users. These cookies are used to retain login and location information in order to make your experience more convenient and personal. The kind of information we may collect includes:
- The date, time and duration of a visit;
- Whether you have visited the site before;
- Your internet service provider, mobile carrier, or data services provider;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Location information or Global Positioning System (GPS) information sent to us by your GPS-enabled device;
- The pages you visit;
- The links you click;
- The features you use;
- How and when you interact with the services; and
- How you arrived at the products and where you go when you leave.
Links to other websites:
How Personal Information is Collected and Stored?
We collect personal information in written form, electronically, or by telephone. The personal information we collect from you will include information you give us when you:
- Register or subscribe to our website
- Subscribe to a publication, newsletter or mailing list
- Place an order with us or make a purchase from us
- Apply for a credit account
- Contact us by telephone, mail, email, fax
- Attend meetings or our premises
- Complete electronic, verbal or paper based surveys
- Apply for a job
- Provide information voluntarily
Personal information about customers, or its directors and officers, is primarily collected from the orders customers place with us and from credit applications to open accounts. Generally, we collect personal information about a customer, or its directors and officers, from that customer, and any credit reporting agency from which we require credit eligibility information.
How we store Personal Information
We take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold and to protect that personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. Personal information is held either in electronic and/or written form, but primarily in a secure data base, access to which is limited to authorised and appropriately trained staff. Some account information may be held by a third party provider, accessible online only to authorised members of our staff. We have internal policies and procedures in place to prevent unauthorised access, modification, disclosure or misuse of personal information.
Purposes of Collection of Personal Information
The purposes for collecting and holding personal information is to enable us (and/or third party service providers we may engage for some purposes):
- Identify you and conduct appropriate checks
- Communicate with you
- Provide you with goods and/or services you have requested.
- Provide you with information about goods and services we reasonably believe you may be interested in.
- To establish credit facilities to appropriate customers.
- To process payments made by customers.
- To transact with suppliers.
- Manage complaints and disputes
- Comply with Workplace Health and Safety regulations.
- Comply with industry codes or a lawful request.
From time to time, in the operation of our business and to receive and fulfil orders, we either disclose customers personal information to the following third parties, or we permit such third parties to have access to customers personal information:
- Credit reporting organisations for credit eligibility and assessment of customer credit facilities.
- Logistics companies providing freight services
- IT service providers to maintain our hardware and software systems.
- Debt collection agencies in the case of defaulting customer accounts.
We do not give personal information to third parties for the purpose of direct marketing by them. However we may use personal information for the purpose of offering products and services to customers and we may employ the use of third party technology through an online software portal to do so.
You may opt out of receiving these direct marketing communications at any time by unsubscribing, or by sending an email or letter to the Privacy Officer and we must action your request within a reasonable period.
If you are a customer and we give you credit, we may also collect credit information or credit eligibility information about you. Credit information and credit eligibility information are types of personal information.
The credit information and credit eligibility information we may collect about you includes:
- identification information;
- credit liability information;
- repayment history information;
- details of any request for your information that we receive from a credit provider, mortgage insurer or trade insurer;
- the type and amount of credit sought by or provided to you;
- default information (including overdue payments);
- payment information;
- court proceedings information;
- personal insolvency information;
- information about any serious credit infringement by you;
- information disclosed in reports obtained from credit reporting bodies;
- information from property searches; and
- information provided by trade references.
We generally collect your credit information or credit eligibility information directly from you, for example, if you complete our credit application.
We may also collect credit information or credit eligibility information about you from third parties, for example from any organisation with whom you have any dealings, credit reporting bodies such as Creditor Watch Pty Ltd or another credit reporting body advised to you when credit information is collected by us from you, or from publicly maintained records.
We collect, use and disclose credit information and credit eligibility information about you to assess whether to extend credit to you or to a customer (if you have given a personal guarantee in respect of that customer).
If permitted by law, we may disclose credit information or credit eligibility information about you to any organisation with whom you have any dealings, credit reporting bodies, creditors, other traders in the markets we trade in, our commercial customers, our suppliers and retailers of our products.
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
Under the APP’s, individuals have the option of dealing with an organisation anonymously or by use of a pseudonym unless it is impractical for the organisation to deal with the individual on this basis. While an individual may deal with us anonymously or by use of a pseudonym for the purpose of telephone or general enquiries, it is not possible for us to receive orders and/or supply goods and/or services as a business with individuals who do not identify themselves or who use a pseudonym.
We will not adopt, use or disclose a government related identifier of an individual, unless this is required or authorised under an Australian law or by an order of a court or tribunal.
As an individual for whom we hold personal information you may request access to the personal information. We will endeavour to respond to the request within a reasonable period from when the request is received. We will provide you with access to the personal information unless one of the several reasons for refusal set out in the APP’s applies. These reasons include where access would be unlawful or would unreasonably impact on the privacy of other individuals.
We will take reasonable steps to correct personal information about you, which may be inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading and you may request us to do this by contacting the Privacy Officer. We will respond to a request within a reasonable time and if we have disclosed the personal information to any other organisation we will notify that other organisation of the correction.
If we decline to make the correction we will provide you with the reason in writing and you may require us to hold with the relevant personal information, a statement recording your request.
You should contact our Privacy Officer if you, as an individual for whom we hold personal information, wish to make a complaint about how we deal with or process your personal information. It is our aim to resolve any such complaint in a timely manner. Your initial complaint may be oral or in writing but you may be required to provide additional information (which may be written information) so that the complaint can be properly investigated. If the complaint cannot be resolved by discussion at the level of initial contact, it will be referred to our Director for consideration. You will be informed of the decision of the Director and the reasons for the decision. If you remain dissatisfied you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Disclosure to overseas recipients
It is not likely that we will disclose personal information to overseas recipients, but if such disclosure were to occur we recognise the obligation to take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the APP in relation to the information provided.
If you require more detailed information about how we deal with personal information or if you have any concerns about how we have dealt with your personal information, please let us know by contacting us at:
Sitex Rentals and Sales
02 4622 3200